What is a blueprint?
Blueprints are what make cloud adoption customizable to the requirements of any enterprise. It is much like the blueprints required for construction purposes. They contain information regarding everything from materials to building & deploying applications in the server, software, firewall details, network, and how these things work together. Hence, they can be defined as a set of cloud resources that implement & adhere to an organization’s standards, patterns & requirements. They are used to prepare service-based applications for enterprises.
Why do you need a blueprint?
Blueprints are required for development teams to rapidly build new environments with the trust they’re building within organizational compliance with a set of built-in components, such as networking, security, etc. to speed up development and delivery. The applications, platforms & infrastructure provided by various providers in the cloud are used to build service-based applications to cater to the end-to-end business needs of the enterprises. By making blueprints, enterprises make it easier for IT teams to focus more on analytics & data projects than cloud infrastructure mechanics.
What comes with a blueprint?
A number of factors that come along with the blueprint include –
- Sample application that adheres to the enterprise standards.
- Sample infrastructure as code for the cloud.
- Consulting support for customization.
Blueprint for Cloud Migration
Blueprints can be leveraged to migrate common enterprise application patterns to the cloud. Developers should be able to refer to these blueprints while migrating their applications to the cloud. The blueprints are executed as mini SOWs on a fixed cost basis.
Some examples of Blueprints
The type of blueprint depends on the requirement of the enterprise. The following are just a few of the many blueprints that enterprises can adhere to.
Cloud Provider Setup
- The blueprint includes an account setup design to suit the organizational structure for policy control and flexibility.
- Design and implement security, identity, network, on-premise/cloud connectivity, etc.
- Base infrastructure automation with Terraform
- CI/CD automation pipelines to apply incremental changes to base and app infrastructure.
Enterprise Web Applications
- Deploy Django, .Net and Java applications as server-less with minimal changes to applications itself.
- Explains How to quickly build & deploy server-less web applications?
Data & Analytics
- Migrate containerized applications
- Deploy python calculation applications as server-less micro-services
- Deploy data access APIs as server-less micro-services
- Performance improvement of complex resource-intensive applications
- Demonstrate capabilities of Cloud Data Lake for enterprise use Cases
- Demonstrate ways to leverage cloud DevOps tooling for enterprise scenarios
- How to support blue-green deployments
- Server-less micro-service deployments from IDE to lower environments for rapid experimentation
Digital Operations Management
- ELK as Managed Service in the cloud or use native cloud log analytic services
- Monitoring, Self-healing & Alerting
Migrating vendor on-premise installation to SaaS or Cloud Serverless
- Third-party vendor software
How to do it?
Preferably any & every enterprise must rely on an industry expert to get blueprints for their enterprise needs. They can provide blueprints to standardize and accelerate organizational cloud adoption. They can assist mini SOW-based custom solution development & providing execution leverage to the teams.